The #MayMac fight is the biggest boxing match in history
We take a look closer to the day of what betting options are available to punters on the Mayweather vs McGregor bout on (in Australia) Sunday 27th August 2017.
Mayweather vs McGregor Special – Bet on Mayweather in the method of victory market and if you lose – Get up to $50 as a bonus bet.
At Crownbet, they’re offering a special on the method of victory for Floyd Mayweather. The best bet in this market is Mayweather to win by Knockout/TKO/DQ or Technical Decision which is currently priced at $1.80. There is some value in the Mayweather to win on Points at $3.65 as he hasn’t knocked out an opponent since 2011.
Mayweather to win by KO or TKO – $3
Max Bet $25.
While Crownbet offers a bonus bet for a KO or TKO win by Mayweather, Ladbrokes have countered by offering $3 fixed odds. The maximum bet is $25, so the potential return is $75.
On the flip side, Palmerbet are big fans of Conor McGregor. They’re offering massive odds of $8.50 for McGregor to pull off an upset inside 4 rounds. However, this betting offer seems kind of ridiculous considering Mayweather is 49-0 in his career and McGregor is new to Boxing.
Some of the markets are hilarious, such as:
- The Referee to punch McGregor at any point during the fight.
But in the serious betting markets, there are some value bets, this includes:
- Mayweather to land over 45.5% of his punches ($1.55)
- Fighters to touch gloves before the fight ($1.70 surely they’ll be respectful of each other).
- A value bet at $3.25 is for Mayweather to win between Rounds 1-10 and over 1.5 knockdowns.
William Hill are also offering a custom betting market feature called “BuildABet“. Users can request a betting market through the William Hill Blog. The best value bets in the BuildABet include:
- Punch Thrown In First 6 Seconds ($1.50)
- Mayweather Jr to Win in Rounds 1-9 ($1.80)
- Floyd Lands 6+ Times as Many Punches as Conor ($2.50)
- McGregor Knocked Down 2 or More Times ($2.75)
The other typical Boxing betting markets for the Money Fight bout are on offer for all bookies such as:
- What Minute Will the Fight End In?
- Alternative Group Round Betting 1
- Alternative Group Round Betting 2
- What round will the fight end
- When Will The Fight End?
- Exact Method of Victory
- Exact Winning Method
- To be Knocked Down
- To be knocked down and win
- Will both fighters be knocked down?
- Total Knockdowns